Over the past several weeks, Hospice of Santa Barbara (HSB) has been vitally involved in assisting those affected by the Thomas Fire and Mudslide. For 40 years, HSB has been providing emotional, practical and spiritual care for individuals and families grieving the loss of a loved one or struggling with life-threatening illness. Children, teens, adults, and seniors receive supportive counseling, practical care services and/or medical navigation services free of charge.
In the wake of the Thomas Fire and Mudslide, HSB remains committed to serving our community as we have during past crises. We will be offering a host of specialized services to our community during the weeks and months to come as we heal from the trauma of the recent disasters. The following support will be offered:
- Counseling and support for children, teens, and school staff on impacted school campuses
- Individual & Family Counseling for families of the deceased
- Support Group for adults grieving the death of a friend or acquaintance (Feb. 20 – March 27)
- Support Group for adult evacuees dealing with the stress of the experience (Feb. 17 – March 24)
- Support Group for individuals experiencing the loss of an animal (Feb. 8 – March 1)
- Carpinteria Community Discussion for adults impacted by the disaster (Feb. 10 – March 3)
- Funeral funding assistance for families of those who died in the Thomas Disaster
- Counseling services are available in Carpinteria for individuals, families, and students
If you are in need of our services, please contact us at 805.563.8820 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
HSB recently joined with Carpinteria community leaders to form Compassionate Care of Carpinteria, which is currently offering services. There will soon be a physical location at Children’s Project – for more info visit www.compassionatecareofcarpinteria.org.
All services available in English & Spanish
If you would like to donate to support these vital community services, please go to our website. 2050 Alameda Padre Serra, Ste 100, Santa Barbara, CA 93103 805.563.8820 • www.hospiceofsantabarbara.org